Three-and-a-half years ago, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the HIV treatment drug Truvada as pre-exposure prophylaxis or PrEP for HIV prevention. It was a landmark moment in the decades-long effort to halt HIV transmission. This pill, when taken daily by an HIV-negative person, reduces the likelihood of acquiring HIV by more than 90 percent.
Love HIVE? Sign up for our newsletter!
- San Francisco BIPOC Family Justice Report
- Large Bay Area blood bank still turning away gay, bisexual men who meet US rules
- Women Of Color Speak Out Against The Whitewashing Of Reproductive Justice
- I Can’t Focus on Abortion Access if My People Are Dying
- The Asian American Reply to Pandemic-Era Racism Must Be Cross-Racial Solidarity