In October, estimated GFR (eGFR) reporting was modified by the laboratory at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital. Whereas previously eGFR was reported as two separate values i.e. “if African American” or “if non African American,” these two values are now reported as a range with the clinical note: “Patients with more muscle mass and better nutritional status are more likely to be on the higher end of this range.” This change was made in an effort to reduce medical errors and improve health equity at our hospital and affiliated clinics.
Love HIVE? Sign up for our newsletter!
- Large Bay Area blood bank still turning away gay, bisexual men who meet US rules
- Women Of Color Speak Out Against The Whitewashing Of Reproductive Justice
- ‘I Can’t Focus on Abortion Access if My People Are Dying’
- The Asian American Reply to Pandemic-Era Racism Must Be Cross-Racial Solidarity
- Patient/Provider Dynamics: Experience from Both Sides