“Many times the patients that are most ‘difficult’ are those who’ve had sexual trauma. She isn’t hard, she’s had a hard life…the body of a survivor remembers those traumatic experiences…she knows that other providers have found her to be a hard patient, so if you change the way you see her, then maybe she’ll change the way she sees herself in that dynamic.”
Love HIVE? Sign up for our newsletter!
- Large Bay Area blood bank still turning away gay, bisexual men who meet US rules
- Women Of Color Speak Out Against The Whitewashing Of Reproductive Justice
- ‘I Can’t Focus on Abortion Access if My People Are Dying’
- The Asian American Reply to Pandemic-Era Racism Must Be Cross-Racial Solidarity
- Patient/Provider Dynamics: Experience from Both Sides