Jay MacGillivray and Mark Yudin’s talk, “Trauma-Aware Reproductive Care for Women Living with HIV & Those at Risk” explored how prenatal care is impacted by trauma; including insecure or unsafe housing, immigration status, gender-based violence, problematic substance use, severe mental illness and exploited sex work.
Love HIVE? Sign up for our newsletter!
- Large Bay Area blood bank still turning away gay, bisexual men who meet US rules
- Women Of Color Speak Out Against The Whitewashing Of Reproductive Justice
- ‘I Can’t Focus on Abortion Access if My People Are Dying’
- The Asian American Reply to Pandemic-Era Racism Must Be Cross-Racial Solidarity
- Patient/Provider Dynamics: Experience from Both Sides