Film description: ?Driven by the desire for custody of their children, five mothers struggle to overcome substance use disorders in a gender-responsive treatment program. Their intimate story reveals experiences with domestic violence, [sex work], incarceration and complex intergenerational relations. On Life?s Terms: Mothers in Recovery interweaves the women?s three-year journey to self-sufficiency and newfound pride with drug laws that impact mother and child, and will inspire hope for recovery.?
Love HIVE? Sign up for our newsletter!
- San Francisco BIPOC Family Justice Report
- Large Bay Area blood bank still turning away gay, bisexual men who meet US rules
- Women Of Color Speak Out Against The Whitewashing Of Reproductive Justice
- I Can’t Focus on Abortion Access if My People Are Dying
- The Asian American Reply to Pandemic-Era Racism Must Be Cross-Racial Solidarity