I used to think that life without heroin was no life at all. All my time was spent making sure I had money and dope. I wouldn’t go to bed without a wakeup [drugs for the morning]. Now, I can go to the symphony, or a revival of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I can go spend time at the Academy of Science in Golden Gate Park. Those things are really interesting to me, and now I can do them, because I’m sober and living a better life.
Love HIVE? Sign up for our newsletter!
- Large Bay Area blood bank still turning away gay, bisexual men who meet US rules
- Women Of Color Speak Out Against The Whitewashing Of Reproductive Justice
- ‘I Can’t Focus on Abortion Access if My People Are Dying’
- The Asian American Reply to Pandemic-Era Racism Must Be Cross-Racial Solidarity
- Patient/Provider Dynamics: Experience from Both Sides