A 29 year old HIV-negative pregnant woman, with a male partner living with HIV, comes to labor and delivery. A healthy baby girl is born. Postpartum, the mom asks if she is allowed to immediately breastfeed, and wants to know if her newborn is at risk for HIV exposure.
Love HIVE? Sign up for our newsletter!
- Large Bay Area blood bank still turning away gay, bisexual men who meet US rules
- Women Of Color Speak Out Against The Whitewashing Of Reproductive Justice
- I Can’t Focus on Abortion Access if My People Are Dying
- The Asian American Reply to Pandemic-Era Racism Must Be Cross-Racial Solidarity
- Patient/Provider Dynamics: Experience from Both Sides