Amidst fear, and with limited medical information about HIV, in 1988 California passed laws criminalizing the behavior of people living with HIV. These HIV criminalization laws have been counterproductive for individuals and public health ? creating deep mistrust of public health systems.
Love HIVE? Sign up for our newsletter!
- San Francisco BIPOC Family Justice Report
- Large Bay Area blood bank still turning away gay, bisexual men who meet US rules
- Women Of Color Speak Out Against The Whitewashing Of Reproductive Justice
- I Can’t Focus on Abortion Access if My People Are Dying
- The Asian American Reply to Pandemic-Era Racism Must Be Cross-Racial Solidarity