Poppy, a woman whose partner is living with HIV, roleplays a visit with Dr. Pat Garcia.
Poppy is at her first prenatal visit with Pat Garcia, MD, MPH. Dr. Garcia explains a first prenatal visit, and tells Poppy, ?Every pregnant woman should know her HIV status.? Poppy says that her partner is living with HIV, and Dr. Garcia asks her if they can discuss options to keep Poppy safe during pregnancy.
This film is part of a reproductive justice video series created as a collaboration between HIVE,
For more information on these topics:
- Is PrEP Right for Me? A Guide for Women
- Preventing HIV During Pregnancy/Breastfeeding: Using PrEP and/or PEP
- Thinking about Having a Baby? A Resource for HIV- Women with Male Partners who are Living with HIV
- Pietro Vernazza on Safer Conception Options for Serodifferent Couples
- Safer Conception Options For Serodifferent Couples
- Safer Conception Toolkit??or HIV Affected Individuals and Couples and Healthcare Providers
- ABC?s of Combination Prevention Counseling: a sexual risk reduction counseling, PrEP eligibility assessment, & PrEP use plan
- PrEP Provider Pocket Card