At her first prenatal visit, Dr. Pat Garcia asks Poppy if she knows her partner?s HIV status.
Poppy, a woman whose partner is living with HIV, roleplays a visit with Dr. Pat Garcia.
Poppy is at her first prenatal visit with Dr. Pat Garcia, MPH. Dr. Garcia explains what will happen during the visit, and tells Poppy that, ?Every pregnant woman should know her HIV status.? Then she asks her about her partner?s HIV status. Poppy says that she doesn?t know her partner?s status, and Dr. Garcia tells her about the risks of seroconversion during pregnancy. She offers to make a referral for Poppy?s partner to get tested.
This film is part of a reproductive justice video series created as a collaboration between
For more information on these topics:
- Is PrEP Right for Me? A Guide for Women
- Preventing HIV During Pregnancy/Breastfeeding: Using PrEP and/or PEP
- Thinking about Having a Baby? A Resource for HIV- Women with Male Partners who are Living with HIV
- Pietro Vernazza on Safer Conception Options for Serodifferent Couples
- Safer Conception Options For Serodifferent Couples
- Safer Conception Toolkit??or HIV Affected Individuals and Couples and Healthcare Providers
- ABC?s of Combination Prevention Counseling: a sexual risk reduction counseling, PrEP eligibility assessment, & PrEP use plan
- PrEP Provider Pocket Card