This Hangout took place on July 31st, 2018.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to watch embedded video of the Hangout.
Our panelists included:
– Endria Richardson, Essie Justice Group
– Nikole Trainor, San Francisco Department of Public Health
– Megan Comfort, Research Triangle Institute International
Moderated by Yamini Oseguera-Bhatnagar
Here are some resources relating to this Hangout:
- Reports and data from the Sentencing Project:
- Women and incarceration – https://www.sentencingproject.org/issues/women/
- Parents in Prison – https://www.sentencingproject.org/publications/parents-in-prison/
- Trends in U.S. Corrections: https://sentencingproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Trends-in-US-Corrections.pdf
- Essie Justice Group’s 2018 Report ‘Because She’s Powerful: The Political Isolation and Resistance of Women with Incarcerated Loved Ones’ https://www.becauseshespowerful.org
- Project WHAT’s report on the needs of children with incarcerated parents: http://communityworkswest.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Project-WHAT-Policy-Report-Final.pdf
- More about HIV prevention Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis: www.AskaboutPrEP.org
- Research summary from RTI international:
The Challenge of Second Chances: 10 Things to Know About Reentering Society Post-Incarceration https://www.rti.org/insights/challenge-second-chances-10-things-know-about-reentering-society-post-incarceration
Have feedback? Fill out our 2-minute feedback form to help us improve the Hangout experience!
Have questions or want to get in contact with one of panelists that participated in this Hangout? Email Yamini at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the online conversation!
Follow @HIVE_Online on Twitter and use hashtag #BeyondCompassion and #HangoutsWithHIVE